Thursday, November 13, 2014

Ginger Root and Ginger Essential Oil

When I was a child, if my grandmother heard that we had a scratchy throat, she would go to the kitchen and cut a piece off of her fresh ginger.  She would make us chew it up until we felt better.  I can tell you that I thought this was torturous.  Yuck!  It helped though.  

For decades, I have heard that people drink ginger ale or eat ginger snaps when they have motion or sea sickness.  According to Wikipedia, "Ginger or ginger root is the rhizome of the plant zingiber officinale, consumed as a delicacy, medicine, or spice."  

It should be no surprise that ginger oil is great too.  The best ginger essential oils come from Sri Lanka.  It known for being warming, accelerating, and stimulating. It is a wonderful oil to have in your collection.  



I found this info graphic from Fit Life TV that has even more suggestions for ginger root:


No comments:

Post a Comment