Friday, November 7, 2014

Love Your Body



Learning to love your body is definitely not an easy thing. I certainly have a LONG way to go. I can't tell you how many times I think about the things I'd like to change about me. This definitely happens several times a day. I know that I am a lot harder on myself than I would ever be on anyone else. When I watch videos likes the one above, I realize how sad this way of thinking makes me. I am sure that a lot of it has to do with gaining a better perspective.

Have you seen this picture below from a magazine?  Apparently, the average weight of women in Australia is 150 lbs. Every woman in the picture weighs 150. I look at them and think they look cute/fine. Life is amazing because we are all so different and we need to learn to love ourselves for who we are and for whatever stage of life we are in.


One of my new year's resolutions will be to work on loving my body. My health and my looks are definitely something that I take for granted. These things could change at any time. You never know how great you have it until you lose it and then you just wish for what you once criticized. I want to learn to love my body now. It will never be "perfect," but it is perfect for me.

If you are wondering if oils will be part of this post, I'll just add a quick tip about grapefruit. Grapefruit essential oil can help with anxiety over appearance, hate for the body, and eating disorders. It can aid someone in their goal of changing the way they feel about themselves. I like to add a drop or two to my water because it simply makes it taste so much better. It is also a good oil to diffuse when you are feeling self-conscious. Taking care of your body is a great way to start proving your love. Hopefully, that will lead to more acceptance and love.



No comments:

Post a Comment